ECONOMIC RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS OF PAKISTANI ECONOMIST
(Dr. Ghulam Mohey-ud-din)
Publications | Books
- The Macroeconomic Analysis of Foreign Capital Inflows in Pakistan: A Re-examination using Vector Error-Correction Approach, Munich: GRIN Verlag GmbH (GRIN Publishers Ltd), pages: 168. ISBN: 978-3-640-88045-4 [Based on M. Phil Thesis]
Publications | Journal Articles
- 2018. “Health, Education and Economic Growth Nexus in Middle Income Countries”, (with Abubakar & Kiani). ‘Global Social Science Review, 3(4): 43- [HEC recognized ‘X Category’ Journal]
- 2018. “Infrastructure Development in Punjab, Pakistan: From Assessment to Spatiotemporal Analysis at District Level”, (with Iqra Paras and Faisal Fareed). ‘Journal of Quantitative Methods’, 2(2): 75-
- 2018. “Assessment of Urban Services Deprivation in Punjab, Pakistan: A District Level Spatial Comparative Analysis”. ‘Pakistan Journal of Urban Affairs’, 7(1): 3-20.
- 2017. “Exploring the Spatial Trends in Wealth Inequalities in Punjab, Pakistan”. ‘Pakistan Journal of Urban Affairs’, 6(1):46-57.
- “GDP Fluctuation and Long-run Economic Growth: A Study of Selected South Asian Countries”, (with Muhammad Wasif Siddiqi). ‘Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics’, 27(1): 41-66. [HEC recognized ‘Y category’ Journal]
- Aid and Development (July 18, 2017). “Development Advocate Pakistan”. 4(1): 21-24. Islamabad: UNDP, Pakistan. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3005075
- “Determinants of GDP Fluctuation in Selected South Asian Countries”, (with Muhammad Wasif Siddiqi). Pakistan Development Review, 55(4): 483–497. [HEC recognized ‘X Category’ Journal]
- “GDP Fluctuation and Private Investment: A Macro Panel Analysis of Selected South Asian Countries”, (with Muhammad Wasif Siddiqi). Pakistan Journal of Commerce & Social Science 8(2): 485-501. [HEC recognized ‘Y Category’ Journal]
- 2007. Impact of Foreign Capital Inflows (FCI) on Economic Growth in Pakistan [1975-2004]. Journal of Independent Studies and Research (JISR), 5(1): 24-29. [HEC recognized ‘Y Category’ Journal]
- “Social Progress in Punjab, Pakistan: Measurement, Spatial Representation and Relative Bench-marking Analysis at District level”, (with Rahema Hassan and Faisal Fareed et al). Urban Unit Analysis Paper Series, pp:50. Lahore: The Urban Unit.
Publications | Article in Book
- 2007. Low-Cost Housing Solutions, In IBP (Ed), Low Cost Housing Solutions, Karachi: The Institute of Bankers Pakistan (IBP), pp: 29-34. [IBP awarded “Consolation Prize” to this paper in Banking Research Paper Competition (Winter 2006)]
Conference Paper | International
- “Assessment of Human Capital at sub-regional level and role of public sector expenditures on its accumulation and spatial variations: A district level case study of Punjab, Pakistan” (with Smaeeh Ullah et al). A Research paper was presented in ‘ADBI-AGI Joint Workshop: Public and Private Investment in Human Capital Intergenerational Transfers in Asia’ at Kitakyushu City, Japan held on 14-15 November 2017.
Conference Paper | National
- “Social Development in Punjab – Pakistan: A District Level Analysis” (with Zain & Rahema). A Research paper was presented in 3rd FCCU Economics Research Conference on Sustainable Economic Development: Dynamics and Prospects, held on 2nd May 2019 at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) Lahore, Pakistan.
WORKING PAPERS | RESEARCH WORK (IN PROGRESS)
Research Report | During Job in EAD
15. “Impact Evaluation of Trainings under Public Sector Capacity Building Project” A Research Report prepared under World Bank’s Public-Sector Capacity Building Project (PSCBP), Islamabad: Economic Affairs Division (EAD), Government of Pakistan.
Working Paper | World Bank Institute (WBI) Course
16. “Background, Assessment and Analysis of Gender Issues in Pakistan”, MPRA Paper No. 689, Online at http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/689.